Thursday, June 6, 2013

That's so Asexual

I've got this thing about people saying "That's so gay". It's dumb. How is being gay a negative thing? I especially hate that my like for something could determine my sexual preference. Say... if the kids heard me singing along to a little Simon and Garfunkel.

Not only are some of my friends gay (and bisexual) but it conjures up some disturbing images. It's one of those list things that you find on the Internet all the time.

I could be gay if...

  • I could stand the sight of those incredibly tasteless condom ads on bus stops at the moment (though I'm pretty sure the gay community should be offended).
  • I could not be completely repulsed by seeing another man's hairy behind (it's bad enough I have that I carry one with me everywhere)
etc.

So whenever I hear one of the kids saying it now, I've started doing something a little different. It goes something along the lines of this:
"That's so gay". 
"Asexual". 
"What?" 
"Asexual. I'm pretty sure it doesn't have any sexual preference at all. In fact, I don't think it's got the bits".
This normally earns me a "You are so incredibly weird" looks... so you know.... it's all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment