Tuesday, July 17, 2012

OffBlog

I just realised something. Blogs are cool! They're a great big soapbox where people can come and read the things you have to say (and you don't even have to wait for your chance to talk) BUT they don't offer you any chance to respond to the person writing the posts without making those comments public.

While I'm all for transparency, there are those times where you want to just make a little confidential comment so.... I have this email address which is used for nothing more than syncing my contacts for my phone (it's a work phone and besides, the people I interact with online are a world different from those which I interact with in meatspace. The two do meet but then, I don't call or text a lot of people. It's mostly a work thing) so... I figured I could just use that. But then, if I'm using that email address, I might as well allow it to become a spam magnet... in which case...

If you want to contact me without the world seeing what you have to say, send me an email at: nevandroid67 (a gmail.com and put "OffBlog" in the subject line - I'll just forward those emails to my main account.

And yes - I get the irony. Here I am talking about how scary and creepy Google is and yet I use their services. It's a bit of an addiction. I've admitted to the problem. Now I have to figure out how to solve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment