Monday, February 27, 2012

Why Am I Not Writing?

I was thinking about this today. You'll notice that the hit counter on the side is currently looking horribly sad. A few month's ago I had a stellar month where I had almost 1,000 hits. Now I'm just over 350.

A couple of weeks ago a friend asked why I wasn't writing so much. I'd responded that it was because I was being whingy or preachy.

"But that's pretty much what blogs are", he responded.

I'm not sure I fully agree with that. I've seen some brilliant blogs with tutorials and technical information. Even comedy. Hell, this blog was proof that blogs didn't have to be about cats. But let's face it. This blog, from it's inception, with me whinging about the quality of media and news in the country, and being disgusted by it, was always pretty whingy and preachy.

So what's changed?

I think I've lost confidence. It'll come back. The awesomeness hasn't gone. It's my confidence in that awesomeness that's on holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment