Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Lack of Pain

Well... It happened. The third. These things do only happen in 3's right?

Yesterday (Valentines) started out really badly. I woke up late (again) and had to go and pop by a couple of schools to drop something off. Sod it. Got a taxi. Did find out that rather than the person that the sticks were intended for getting them, someone else up and took them. I've got to say I'm incredibly annoyed by it.

I suppose I should say something about the sticks. I'm now able to "supplement" the image. Rather than having to build a whole new image, I can throw packages on the stick and have them install after imaging. This should lead to faster response time in fixing bugs on the stick and gives me a much better chance of coming up with a bug free image.

One of the biggest things I've noticed is that I'm able to test at a site before imaging. This is huge! Rather than having to image and then go back and fix the problems found, I can go to site, do a little testing and fix them right there on the spot. But why wait until I'm on site to test? It's getting unmanageable doing the testing. I'm normally in such a rush to get it done that testing is minimal at best. And then, I may have changed similar files for each site - so, at the moment, potentially 10 different packages at a time. And that's always in bunches. So 4 or 5 different sets of packages. That means 50 odd packages to test each time. The time needed to test that is a lot more than I'm able to do when building an image.

So anyway - I was running around yesterday like a blue "donkey"'ed fly. Literally. My bottle of blue fountain pen ink opened in my bag and I didn't notice until it was too late.

So a new pair of jeans was in order (given that one pair got a hole in 'em from my fall the other day) and my 2nd pair were now more blue than any jeans have a right to be.

So the plus side. The ink is water soluble so those jeans and that shirt aren't wrecked as I feared. That was the third - it didn't involve any pain. Yesterday in general did cost a bit of money though. Still, if that's all out of the way... Oh. My pen broke today.

I am getting the feeling that people just aren't listening to me at the moment. That's pretty crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment