Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm a Hufflepuff!

My husband has been urging me to write an update for this blog for ages. Like, seriously darling? You don't get enough of my incoherant ramblings at home?

In case you have been living under a rock, in a cave, or perhaps far away on a desert island, with only a volleyball for company it is common knowledge that It All Ends today. Well, that's NZ time anyway, I'm discounting the world premieres that have already taken place. And that the book was released way back in 2007. Anyway the fact is, it is the finale of the most important movie series of my generation (with apologies to Messrs. Spielberg, Lucas & Jackson).

As such, most of the blogs I visit (as well as the rest of the internet) have had Potter-related articles/video clips scattered through them. Including this one:


 via  The Mary Sue

In the grand scheme of the wizarding world, the poor old Hufflepuffs are forever doomed to be “the others”, consigned to the background in photos, forever runners-up. Unless they die.*

I feel the need to defend them though, (and I swear it has nothing to do with the results of this quiz), and really, while they may not be brave like a Gryffindor, cunning like a Slytherin or a bunch of nerdy swots like Ravenclaw. Hufflepuffs are shown to be diligent, reliable and imbued with a sense of fairplay. Yes, I know they are not exactly the most exciting qualities, but they're ones we should all hope to posess.

Thanks J.K. Rowling. The journey has been magical.

*you know, the chick who could change her hair colour, and the sparkly vampire.

2 comments:

  1. I get the distinct feeling that the majourity of people are Hufflepuffs... A bit like those silly Muggles.

    I'm only saying that because I also did the survey... and guess what... I'm diligent, reliable and imbued with a sense of fair play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just watched the video. I'm mildly lactose intolerant....

    ReplyDelete