Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fumbling Through

I think I've almost got this depression licked.

Yesterday I decided to take a crapload (scientific standard measurement) of fish oil. I know there's no scientific evidence that fish oil helps behavioural issues but you can't completely discount the placebo effect. So long as I believe, it might just work. I then started the day by going to different schools. So I was feeling a lot more comfortable by the time I got to Point England School after having walked along the point. It's a beautiful walk though it does need some TLC.

I worked on a small script to add a global connection to a Linux machine (something that allows the user to set up their wireless connection for all users without having to set it up, then go back in and tick a check box).

We had one of our "famous" Manaiakalani meetings. I didn't get what I wanted out of it - a bit of certainty. There's the certainty that I'm going to be busy for a long time. But nothing more solid than that. I really do need to get some certainty - especially given that my loyalty and reliability have been called into question which has me, initially angry, now just ... uncertain.

Anyway, at the end of the meeting we were talking about what's happening on the news. Japanese people going back to their villages only to find that they can't find a single landmark. No indication of where their worldly possessions were. No community left. Just rubble. But then someone pointed out that the natural disasters aren't as bad as people killing each other for their own agendas - such as what's happening in Libya.

While I'm not feeling terribly depressed at the moment, I am having trouble sleeping. The world is becoming an increasingly sad place at the moment. If ever there was a time to weep for the world, it'd be now.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, this is going to sound a bit weird, but ir's best to take your fish oil tablets with orange juice. The vitamin C helps you absorb the omega-3 better. See, fountain of useful knowledge, me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not all that weird. I'm quite convinced that the "recommended" amounts of Vitamin C (absorbic acid) is much higher than we actually need - there's apparently no scientific proof to say that vitamin C does fight illness.

    I was also quite convinced that absorbic acid is in most of what we eat. I checked the recipe list on my bread and found no such substance.

    ReplyDelete