Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Irony (A post about cats)

Imagine my excitement tonight when I had a look at my blog only to notice that I now have 2 followers! 2 of them! Brilliant! People are finding this blog and probably thinking I should be a pom (given how whingy I can be).

The irony hasn't escaped me though. The tag line for blog includes the statement "But not about cats". The irony you may ask? One of them has a picture of her cat for her profile, the other one is called "Tabby".

I wonder, if I put a tag line in there to my advantage - i.e. "definitely absolutely not about attractive single geek woman my own age with a tendancy to be attracted to opinionated guys with blogs" - whether it'd still work. I'm not sure irony works quite that way. Still, it might be worth an experiment at some point.

3 comments:

  1. I think that is reverse psychology, not irony...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm taking it as coincidence rather than a result of using the tagline. If it were reverse psychology... well the possibilities are endless.

    Hmm... I wonder how many other people from the LUGs are reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, no knocking my cat :P i forgot my followers login, now i on here twice.

    ReplyDelete